6/2/20 – S7HD COVID-19 Update for the Southern Seven Region
Southern Seven Health Department (S7HD) reports 4 new recovered cases of COVID-19 in the Southern Seven region. All individuals are from Union County. Currently, there are 97 individuals from the Southern Seven region who have recovered since the start of the pandemic in the United States.
Southern Seven confirms 17 new cases of COVID-19 in the Southern Seven region. All individuals are being isolated. The newly confirmed cases by gender and age are as follows:
- Alexander County: One female 40’s, one female 50’s, one female 60’s
- Johnson County: One female 50’s
- Pulaski County: One female 20’s
- Union County: One female 20’s, one female 30’s, one female 40’s, one female 60’s, one female 70’s, one female 80’s, two males 40’s, one male 50’s, one male 60’s, two males 70’s
Southern Seven Health Department will report on the number of confirmed positive cases as more cases appear. Currently, S7HD is reporting a cumulative total of 255 positive cases of COVID-19 in the Southern Seven region. Southern Seven confirms a total of 2,554 negative COVID-19 tests have been reported in the region.
Southern Seven regrets to report 1 new death as a result of COVID-19 in the Southern Seven region. The individual was a female in her 70’s from Union County. There have been a total of 12 deaths in the region since the start of the pandemic.
The number of individuals confirmed, to date, within the Southern Seven Counties are as follows:
Southern Seven Health Department will not release specific information about individuals with COVID-19 beyond their sex and age range, unless ordered by the court.
The number of COVID-19 cases in Illinois has risen dramatically in the past week. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), in Illinois there were 1,614 new individuals with COVID-19 identified on June 2 bringing the confirmed total in the State to 122,848 individuals, with 5,525 deaths.
All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered.
The following hotlines are also available to answer your questions and advise you on your next steps for treatment in the Southern Seven region.
- Massac Memorial Hospital 1-618-638-1344 (7am-7pm line)
- Southern Illinois Healthcare 1-844-988-7800 (24-hour line)
- Francis Medical Center 1-573-331-4200 (7am-5pm line)
- Baptist Health 1-888-227-8478 (24-hour line)